Proposed Service Changes: Routes 16, 19, 20, 31, 32
The City Department of Transportation Services is considering the following changes to Routes 16, 19, 20, 31, and 32 (maps attached).
Please provide us with your feedback and comments.
Route 16 Moanalua Valley
· Route 16 will be renumbered to Route 302 Moanalua Valley. Current routing will not change.
Route 19 Waikiki-Airport-Hickam
· Route 19 will be discontinued & existing service will be combined with the Route 20 schedule.
· Service to Hickam will be replaced by new Route 303 Hickam-Kalihi Transit Center.
Route 20 Waikiki- Pearlridge
· Service from the discontinued Route 19 will be combined with the current Route 20 schedule and increase service to approximately every 20 minutes for the majority of the day.
· In the westbound direction, Route 20 will be realigned to operate on South Street instead of Alakea Street and provide a connection at the Alapai Transit Center.
Route 31 Tripler-Mapunapuna
· Route 31 will be discontinued and replaced with new Routes 301 (Tripler-Kalihi Transit Center) and 303 (Hickam-Kalihi Transit Center).
Route 32 Kalihi Transit Center-Pearlridge
· Service on Puuloa Road will be discontinued and replaced by two-way service on Kikowaena, Ahua, and Pukoloa Streets.
“New” Route 301 Tripler-Kalihi Transit Center
· Route 301 will provide direct service between Kalihi Transit Center-Tripler Hospital and replaces the Tripler segment of discontinued Route 31.
“New” Route 302 Moanalua Valley
· Route 16 is renumbered to Route 302. There are no changes to the current routing that provides service between Moanalua Valley-Red Hill-Kalihi Transit Center.
“New” Route 303 Hickam-Airport-Kalihi Transit Center
· Route 303 will provide service between Hickam-Airport-Kalihi Transit Center and replaces the Hickam segment of discontinued Route 19 and the Airport segment of discontinued Route 31.
Contact the Department of Transportation Services at: