See Something? Say Something
Passenger Security Guidelines
As a public transit user, you can help keep TheBus safe and secure.
- If you see someone about to leave a package on TheBus, politely bring it to his or her attention.
- Inform bus operator of any unattended packages.
If you see something .... say something!
DO NOT confront suspicious individuals or touch suspicious objects, packages or substances. Contact the bus driver or call 911. If possible, use a landline phone to report a suspicious object, package, or substance.
- Placement in an out-of-the-way location.
- Individuals in the act of abandoning the object, package, or substance and quickly leaving the area
- Objects with unusual items attached such as batteries, wires, tanks, bottles, or bags.
- An attached message or note.
- A suspicious cloud, mist, gas, vapor, odor, or seeping fluid.
- Nearby individuals showing signs of illness or distress.
- Inform the bus driver and follow his or her instructions.
If you see something.... Say something!
Be informed and have a plan for action when riding public transportation:
- Familiarize yourself with the bus.
- Know the location of emergency exits on bus.
- In an emergency situation remain calm and follow the bus driver's instructions.
- Do not prevent bus doors from closing.
- Proceed in an orderly fashion.
If you see something.... say something!